Twenty-four Amazon staff have been hospitalised after a bear spray can was punctured at a warehouse in New Jersey within the US on Wednesday.
A type of hospitalised is in a vital situation. One other 30 folks have been handled by emergency companies on the scene.
It’s not clear what triggered the accident however Amazon is investigating.
Staff evacuated the third ground of the warehouse’s south entrance throughout the incident on Wednesday morning.
Workers skilled respiration issues, and stinging of their throat and eyes, native officers stated.
John Nalbone, a spokesperson for Robinsville Township, advised the BBC there was no menace to residents within the space and that fumes have been confined to throughout the constructing.
Operations on the 1.3m sq ft facility – which employs greater than 3,000 folks – have since resumed as regular, Mr Nalbone added.
“The protection of our workers is all the time our prime precedence and a full investigation is already underway,” stated Rachael Lighty, a spokeswoman for Amazon.
Based on the Get Bear Sensible Society, the non-lethal bear repellant causes “an almost complete, but non permanent, lack of sight and extreme restriction of respiration” in bears and people.